Our Price Promise
Found a lower price? We'll match it
We will match a competing retailer’s advertised price for an identical make and model within our Television, Kitchen and Laundry Appliance range.
Simply provide proof of a competing retailer’s advertised price for the identical item at the time of purchase or within 7 days. Once we validate the price is genuine, the item is new in the box, and ready for immediate collection/delivery (in stock), we will gladly match or refund the difference to you.
To enable us to do this as quickly as possible, please ensure that the competing retailer you are comparing to is a New Zealand retailer of Home Appliances. New Zealand retailer websites will be considered where the product is the same.
If you've already purchased the item from us Online please ensure that:
- You have your order details at hand and,
- You bought the item within the last 7 days
If you've purchased the item in one of our stores, please contact your local Smiths City to make your price match request.
- Items for which the printed advertisement containing the lower price was published more than 7 days after the purchase.
- Products purchased by a person not residing in New Zealand.
- Purchases made by store employees or using employee discounts.
- Items on lay-by are excluded from this coverage.
- Shipping and/or transportation costs or price difference due to shipping, handling costs and sales tax.
- Item purchased for resale, professional, or commercial use.
- Items purchased subject to rebate, redeemable manufacturer’s coupon, or any refund of any sort, in which case your purchase price will be determined by taking into account any such rebate or refund.
- Internet-only retailers will be excluded (but local appliance retailer’s websites will be matched).
- Used, antique, recycled, previously owned, rebuilt, or re-manufactured items, whether or not you knew the item was used, antique, recycled, previously owned, rebuilt, or re-manufactured.
- Items shown on price lists or price quotes.
- Any price difference found in an outlet not open to the public.
- Price comparisons to items purchased outside of New Zealand or in a duty free zone.
- Items advertised in or as result of “limited quantity”, "ex demo", trade-in offers, "going out-of-business sales",” “cash only” or “close out” advertisements, parallel imported product, cost savings as a result of package offer, manufacturer’s coupons or free items, or where the advertised price includes bonus or free offers, special financing, installation or rebate, or one-of-a-kind or other limited offers.
- Any price difference found with an item sold as a special deal available only to the members of specific organisations such as clubs, preferred suppliers, loyalty cards and associations or by way of insurance company claims settlement. Advertising errors (either ours or competitors).
- Competitors' service prices (including delivery and installation charges), pre-order, trade-in offers, and special daily or hourly sales.